Conjunction Exercise with Answer
Supply the missing coordinating conjunction.
- I went downstairs ____ opened the door.
- Mickey _____ Angela were standing outside.
- Mickey did not have a coat, _____ did Angela.
- I asked them to come in, _____ they would not.
- You must wear a coat in the winter _____ you will freeze.
- I enjoy Mr. Allen’s classes _____ he respects all his students.
- We will have to wait _____ the bus arrives.
- You must buy a ticket _____ you can ride the roller coaster.
- The governor will raise taxes _____ budget cuts can save enough money.
- The mayor supported the plan _____ he had serious reservations about it.
- I will do my homework _____ my favorite TV show is over.
- Miguel is younger _____ I am by three days.
- You can have a pet _____ you promise to take care of it.
- Fortunately, the soccer game was over _____ the rain began.
- My best friend is never home _____ I try to call him.
- Everyone likes Julia _____ she is friendly and easygoing.
- He must be rich _____ he drives such an expensive car.
- The actor kept auditioning ____ he finally got a role.
Combine the two sentences into one sentence using a conjunctive adverb.
- I like seafood. I am allergic to shellfish.
- They spent the entire day fishing. They fried their catch for dinner.